Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ride

One day, when I was about four, my mom and dad decided it would be fun to go for a ride. We frequently went on rides as a form of cheap (nearly free) entertainment. So we hauled up in the truck, and drove over to, I believe, Brush Valley, and took a mountain road back through to get to Woodward. To this day, I have no idea exactly where we were, but we ended up near Hairy John's Park.

I do remember several very important things about this ride. The first was, we found a lovely little one-room schoolhouse. I was wearing a little yellow jacket and red overalls (I distinctly remember the overalls, and I will explain why...). Mom had her Instamatic camera that could only take outdoor pictures, and she told me to stand on the porch of the schoolhouse and look inside. I saw desks and I think I asked her if I would go to school there. (Unfortunately, I never would and would instead attend the Third Ring of Hell the following year.)

We drove over the mountain in that truck, checking out the lovely fall trees, and ended up on Fallen Timber Trail. Dad and I posed for a picture for my mom.

Soon after that, I peed my pants on the way home. This is why I remember the overalls so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment